2D action platformer Vigil: The Longest Night, which was inspired by games like Salt and Sanctuary and the Castlevania series, will launch for PlayStation 4, Xbox One, and PC in early 2020, followed later by Switch, publisher Another Indie and developer Glass Heart Games announced.
Here is an overview of the game, via its Steam page:
Vigil: The Longest Night is a 2D action platformer with precise, technical combat and a strong narrative. Inspired by Salt and Sanctuary and Castlevania, Vigil: The Longest Night aims to challenge players with its difficulty while compelling them with a tale of eldritch horror. Follow Leila on her quest to save her hometown from the creeping evil infesting the surrounding countryside. Navigate a world that wanders between dream and reality, sanity and madness, and uncover the secret of the longest night and the monstrous entities invading their world.
- Experiment with four types of weapon and multiple varieties of each type.
- A number of unique items to suit how you play.
- A fusion of Lovecraftian prose and Taiwanese culture.
- Complex Skill Tree to create the ultimate warrior of light.
- Unique art style inspired by the art of Chinese Paper Cutting.
- Brutal Enemies with multiple methods of attack and surprising attacks.
- Explore dank caves, abandoned villages, and haunted forests.
- Meet the residents of Leila’s hometown as they struggle in world of maddening darkness.
- Battle a host of hideous bosses from the depths of your nightmares.
- Multiple endings to unravel.
- Music by the talented Jouni Valjakka of popular band Whispered.
Watch a new trailer below.