Action adventure RPG Tanzia launches July 19 for Switch, shortly after for PC
Prevent your island home of Tanzia from being overrun by an ancient evil.
Arcanity, a studio founded by former inXile Entertainment, Obsidian Entertainment, and Sigil Games Online staff, will release action adventure RPG Tanzia for Switch via the Nintendo eShop on July 19 in the Americas, Europe, and Australia for $19.99, followed by PC “shortly after” (it is currently in Early Access), the developer announced.
Here is an overview of the game, via its Steam page:
Become the greatest shaman to ever lob a fireball. Retrace the steps of your Akazi ancestors to prevent your island home of Tanzia from being overrun by an ancient evil. Your elders will guide you, but it is up to you to master your skills and live up to your family’s legacy. An old-style RPG made with modern tech and set in a unique world, Tanzia combines elements of favorite classic action-adventure RPGs in an open 3D world full of magic and monsters.
- Fight Fantastic Foes – As you venture deeper and deeper into the world of Tanzia, you’ll face increasingly powerful creatures, from a lowly Akiri bird to the Skeleton King himself, with water spirits, giant spiders, zombies, corrupted beings and many more powerful creatures in between!
- Discover the World of Tanzia – The island of Tanzia is completely open from the moment your adventure starts, you can get to discover and enjoy it at your own leisure, visit Turtle Beach, the Docks, the dangerous Emuri Village, the magical Lagoon, The Ruins of an ancient civilization and many more beautiful locations. Just make sure you’re geared up & ready for the challenges you’ll face along the way!
- Learn Arcanity – Freeze your foes to make them slower, burn them to a crisp, root them in place! Learn different magic spells to deal with your enemies in creative ways, combine Arcanity with alchemy effects to become a one man army!
- Master Alchemy – Heal, run faster, make your Arcanity spells more powerful than you can ever imagine! Mastering alchemy will be crucial in your quest to become the Hero of the Akazi stories.
- Unique backstory and island setting
- Main questline and optional quests to unlock more spells, items, and zones
- Open combat system where exploiting combinations of spells, enemy weaknesses, and environment is encouraged
- MMORPG-like controls with responsive movement to allow kiting and other emergent techniques
Watch a new trailer below.