Control Ultimate Edition will also launch for additional platforms on the following dates:
- September 10 for PlayStation 4, Xbox One, and PC via the Epic Games Store (digital edition)
- End of 2020 for PlayStation 4 and Xbox One (physical edition)
- End of 2020 for PlayStation 5 and Xbox Series X (digital edition)
- Early 2021 for PlayStation 5 and Xbox Series X (physical edition)
Users who purchase Control Ultimate Edition on PlayStation 4 or Xbox One will be able to upgrade to the PlayStation 5 or Xbox Series X versions free of charge. This option will not be available for users who purchased the original Control.
Control Ultimate Edition includes the base game, the first expansion “The Foundation,” the second expansion “AWE,” and all content updates since the release of the original game.
Here is an overview of the game, via its Steam page:
A corruptive presence has invaded the Federal Bureau of Control… Only you have the power to stop it. The world is now your weapon in an epic fight to annihilate an ominous enemy through deep and unpredictable environments. Containment has failed, humanity is at stake. Will you regain control?
Winner of over 80 awards, Control is a visually stunning third-person action-adventure that will keep you on the edge of your seat. Blending open-ended environments with the signature world-building and storytelling of renowned developer, Remedy Entertainment, Control presents an expansive and intensely gratifying gameplay experience.
- Uncover the Mysteries – Can you handle the bureau’s dark secrets? Unfold an epic supernatural struggle, filled with unexpected characters and bizarre events, as you search for your missing brother, and discover the truth that has brought you here.
- Everything is Your Weapon – Unleash destruction through transforming weaponry and telekinetic powers. Discover new ways to annihilate your enemies as you harness powerful abilities to turn everything around you into a lethal weapon.
- Explore a Hidden World – Delve deep into the ominous expanses of a secretive government agency. Explore the Bureau’s shifting environments only to discover that there is always more than meets the eye…
- Fight for Control – Battle a relentless enemy through exciting missions and challenging boss fights to earn powerful upgrades that maximize abilities and customize your weaponry.
Watch a trailer below. View a set of screenshots and artwork at the gallery.