Kickstarter campaign launched for 16-bit Japanese-style RPG Chained Echoes
Seeking €60,000 in funding.
Developer Ark Heiral has launched a Kickstarter campaign for Chained Echoes, a 16-bit Japanese-style RPG, seeking €60,000 (approx. $68,594 USD) in funding for release on PC, Mac, and Linux in 2021.
An (unspecified) stretch goal will add PlayStation 4 and Switch versions simultaneously at launch, but Ark Heiral said that even if the stretch goal is not reached, the game may still come to the platforms at a later point in time.
Here is an overview of the game, via its official website:
Chained Echoes is a classic 2D RPG with swords, magic, and… mechs.
Take up your sword, channel your magic or board your mech as you follow a group of heroes on their journey through the war-ridden land of Valandis.
- Fast-Paced and Turn-Based Battles – …don’t necessarily contradict each other. No random encounters. Battles take place directly where you engaged the enemy. Give your character an order and he executes it immediately. No waiting involved.
- Which Path Will You Walk? – Valandis has been at war for several generations, manipulated by foolish tyrants and fake gods. Can you put history back into the hands of man? Your choices will impact the fate of Valandis and its citizens.
- Stand Tall and Shake the Heavens – Sometimes your enemies will escape into the sky. What else to do than boarding your Mechs and burn them to ashes using your Laser Beam? You can freely switch between battling by foot or with your Mechs.
- There is a Cave Behind the Waterfall – Of course there is. And much more! The lands of Chained Echoes are diverse and highly intertwined. You can explore by foot, with the high speed of your mech or by calling your very own airship.
- Back to the Roots! – You’ll find everything a RPG lover’s heart needs. A complex equipment and skill system, stats, loot, sidequests, big towns, dangerous dungeons, and since this is a classic JRPG-styled game, a whole lot of minigames.
Watch the Kickstarter trailer below.