Music-based action adventure game No Straight Roads will launch for PlayStation 4, Xbox One, Switch, and PC via the Epic Games Store on August 25, publisher Sold Out and developer Metronomik announced. It will be available digitally on all platforms, and in physical standard and collector’s editions on PlayStation 4 and Xbox One, with Switch physical editions to follow “shortly after.”
A “Mother & Child Demo” is available now for PC via the Epic Games Store, featuring the boss fight presented for the first time at the Tokyo Game Show 2018.
“As a huge thank you to our loyal fans who have waited for No Straight Roads, we’ve made a playable demo available today which will give everyone an idea of what to expect with our beloved game,” said No Straight Roads creative director and Metronomik co-founder Daim Dziauddin in a press release. “We can’t wait for players to experience the full game very soon.”
A mini original soundtrack containing a selection of tracks from the game is also now available to download and stream from digital music stores and streaming services.
Here is an overview of the game, via the Epic Games Store:
Take back Vinyl City—with rock! Embark on a music-based action adventure as indie rock band members Mayday and Zuke and lead a musical revolution against EDM empire No Straight Roads. After being unfairly rejected in their audition to join No Straight Roads, Mayday and Zuke uncover the evil intentions behind the NSR empire. It’s now down to them to save their city from corruption. Enjoy fast and frenetic combat with a musical twist as these two aspiring rock artists fight back with the power of music!
- A unique music-based action-adventure game that puts music and sound at the heart of the gameplay.
- Music is power! Fight an evil empire and lead the musical revolution to take back control of Vinyl City.
- Two playable characters, Mayday and Zuke, each with their own music-based weapons and attacks.
- An action-adventure with a musical twist. Players can attack, jump and move freely while enemies attack to the beat of the music.
- Change the world—with music! Harness the power of music to transform props into weapons and shift between rock & EDM in a seamless and dynamic manner.
- Experience eight extraordinary levels inspired by different genres of music.
- Defeat giant, memorable bosses with unique personalities.
- An energetic soundtrack filled with awesome music.
- Upgrade your skill tree to improve your abilities & defeat NSR.
Watch a new trailer below. View a new set of screenshots at the gallery.