Sega has released the opening movie for Phantasy Star Online 2: New Genesis.
Unlike the opening movies of Phantasy Star Online 2, which were created using pre-ordered videos, the opening movie of Phantasy Star Online 2: New Genesis was create using parts of the in-game graphics engine.
The opening movie showcases the new characters’ battles, high-quality character models, and the main theme vocals, which are in English.
Sega also debuted the latest information during a the “Phantasy Star Online 2: New Genesis Prologue 1″ live stream.
Get the details below.
Action: Six Classes
- There are six classes: “Hunter (Sword),” “Ranger (Assault Rifle),” “Force (Rod),” “Fighter (Knuckles),” “Gunner (Twin Machine Gun),” and “Techter (Wand).”
Action: Sub-Classes and Multi-Weapons
- Sub-class weapons can also be equipped.
- A system is in place to create “multi-weapons” by combining two weapon types (for example: sword + assault rifle, or rod + knuckles). A multi-weapon can use multiple weapon attacks with a single bullet.
Action: Basic Actions and Mag
- On the open field, you can use the “Photon Dash” to sprint, “Photon Glide” to accelerate in mid-air, the “Wall Kick” to climb high terrain, and “Swimming” to move throughout the water.
- The “Mag” is a companion that helps adventurers by discovering new facilities nearby on the open field, by playing the role of a device terminal in the story, and so on.
Ryuker Device and Cocoon
- The “Ryuker Device” can transport you to distant locations. It also functions as storage.
- In the “Cocoon,” you can enjoy the series’ traditional massively online-style battles and quests.
E-Trials, Urgent Quests, PSE System, and Region Mags
- E-Trials and Urgent Quests return.
- By giving the “Region Mag” an item, all users in the ship (servers) and the user who gave the item will receive a boost effect.
Central City and Tasks
- ARKS base is called “Central City.”
- There are day-and-night and weather change systems.
- You can accept “tasks” from city residents.
Food Stand and Item Lab
- At the “Food Stand,” you can make foods with various effects using collected ingredients such as fruits and the meat of wild animals known as “thames.”
- At the “Item Lab,” you can enhance items, add special abilities, and develop multi-weapons.
- You can communicate with other players through “lobby actions” such as speech bubble chats, symbol art, stamps, and now even finger movements.
New Graphics Engine for Phantasy Star Online 2
- When you log in, you can select to play either Phantasy Star Online 2: New Genesis or Phantasy Star Online 2.
- After logging in, you can freely switch between Phantasy Star Online 2: New Genesis or Phantasy Star Online 2 by moving blocks.
- Additionally, the graphics engine of Phantasy Star Online 2 will be overhauled to be in line with Phantasy Star Online 2: New Genesis.
Phantasy Star Online 2: New Genesis is due out in 2021 for Xbox Series X, Xbox One, and PC in North America, and for PlayStation 4, PC, and the cloud (Switch and PC) in Japan. Read more about the game here and here.
Watch the footage below.
- 22:30 to 23:50 – Part 1: The World
- 26:28 to 32:57 – Part 2: Combat Action
- 36:52 to 43:00 – Part 3: Open Field
- 45:45 to 49:05 – Part 4: ARKS Base: Central City
- 52:52 to 54:57 – Part 5: Communication / Original Phantasy Star Online 2
- 1:00:58 to 1:35:54 – Character Creation
- 24:03 to 25:24 – Part 1: The World
- 28:02 to 34:30 – Part 2: Combat Action
- 38:28 to 44:35 – Part 3: Open Field
- 47:16 to 50:38 – Part 4: ARKS Base: Central City
- 54:29 to 56:30 – Part 5: Communication / Original Phantasy Star Online 2
- 1:02:32 to 1:37:27 – Character Creation
Thanks, Games Talk.