Ubisoft has released a new set of trailers for Watch Dogs: Legion introducing the game’s story and post-launch content plans, as well as announced that it will add online multiplayer as part of a free update on December 3.
Get the details below.
Online Mode (Free)
The Online mode of Watch Dogs: Legion will include the following features as part of the December 3 free update:
- Free-roam open-world co-op where players can team up with their friends for up to four-player co-op and explore the city of London and participate in side activities.
- New co-op missions for two-to-four players using new co-op gameplay mechanics and giving players the opportunity to recruit the perfect team.
- Four-player co-op Tactical Ops missions which will require teamwork and efficiency.
- The first available Player-vs-Player (PvP) mode, Spiderbot Arena, where four-to-eight players control armed spiderbots and compete in a high intensity free-for-all deathmatch.
Post-Launch Single-Player Content (Free)
New free content for the single-player mode will be available in a future update in 2021, and will include:
- New characters with new abilities.
- New mission content.
- A New Game Plus mode.
Season Pass Content (Paid)
Additionally, players who acquire the Season Pass of Watch Dogs: Legion will get access to Watch Dogs: Legion – Bloodline, a new storyline which includes Aiden Pearce from the original Watch Dogs game and Wrench from Watch Dogs 2, fully playable in the single player campaign and online, along with two other characters which were unveiled today:
- Darcy, a member of the Assassin Order, thanks to a cross-over with Assassin’s Creed.
- Mina, a subject of transhuman experiments, who possesses the ability to mind control individuals.
In addition to the unique playable characters and Watch Dogs: Legion – Bloodline story expansion, the Season Pass will offer extra DedSec missions, the original Watch Dogs Complete Edition from 2014 (Stadia players will be able to access Watch Dogs Complete Edition later this year, while all other platforms will have access in available territories when Watch Dogs: Legion launches), and more. The Season Pass of Watch Dogs: Legion is available for purchase as part of the Gold, Ultimate, and Collector edition.
Watch Dogs: Legion is due out for PlayStation 4, Xbox One, PC via the Epic Games Store, Ubisoft Store, and Uplay, and Stadia on October 29; Xbox Series on November 10; and PlayStation 5 on November 12. The PlayStation 5 physical edition will be available on November 24. Watch Dogs: Legion will also be available on Amazon Luna when the Ubisoft channel launches.
Watch the new trailers and a gameplay walkthrough below. View a new set of screenshots at the gallery.